Instagramming is a whole new way of life. Instagram is a great place for people who love to share their cooking and quirky pets moments. Instagram is the perfect place to record all the memorable moments in your life, even if you are shy.
It’s all fine and dandy until Instagram refuses to allow you to log in.
For some, it may seem trivial. During this epidemic, Instagram has been a bridge between people. The gathering is not allowed. You can keep up with the most memorable moments in other people’s lives via Instagram, no matter how small or large. No matter how far away they may be, everyone wants to be there.
Imagine losing all your videos, photos, and stories because you can’t log into your account. You will lose all the work you put into creating and sharing content.
We can’t forget the great filters that you have saved all these years!
Types of Instagram Login Errors
Users report frequently experiencing login problems when accessing their Instagram accounts. But not all users experience the same login problem.
We have compiled a list of common login errors and messages that Instagram users face:
- We can’t sign in to your account.
- An unknown network error occurred.
- Instagram couldn’t be connected. Reconnect to the Internet, and then try again.
- Error. We are sorry. Please try again.
- We are sorry, but there was an error in your request.
- This page is not available.
- Instagram username not found
- Your username is not associated with an account. Check your username again.
- Incorrect/Wrong Password or Username
- An unusual login attempt was detected.
15 Tips for When Instagram Can’t Be Logged In
#1 Switch to a different device
We recommend that you log in to Instagram using a different browser or device. This is to identify if the problem is due to a device issue or a problem with your account.
This step can be accomplished by logging in to your account using a PC or a mobile device.
If you are able to log in from another device, then there may be two issues with your original device.
Updating the OS of your Device
One, your device might not be compatible with the latest Instagram app.
We suggest these simple steps update your mobile device’s software:
For iPhone and iPad
- Open the Settings app, then tap General.
- Next, click Software Update to search the database for any pending updates.
- Open the Settings app. Scroll down and choose System.
- Select System Update after that.
- Next, click on Check for Update to search for pending updates.
Your Device’s IP was Flagged
The other problem is due to Instagram’s recent Explore page Algorithm update.
Your mobile device provider will also create unique IP addresses for your devices. Instagram banned IP addresses from violators after the update.
You might also be using your mobile data rather than Wi-Fi. Another reason why you won’t be able to log in to your Instagram account is that Instagram has banned your mobile phone IP.
We recommend reporting the issue to Instagram or switching over to Wi-Fi. Altering your Apple ID or Android ID can be done, and this shouldn’t be a problem unless you are a regular violator of Instagram’s community rules.
#2 Login to Instagram Website from a Mobile Browser or PC.
Logging in to Instagram using your smartphone or computer web browser is another way to bypass this problem. This step will help you identify if there is a problem with your account or the Instagram app.
Here’s a link to take you directly to the Instagram login page.
The browser version of Instagram looks very similar to its mobile app. The browser version of Instagram can be used even if the mobile app is not working properly due to its compatibility and upgradeability.
First, the browser version Instagram doesn’t care about your mobile device’s software version. The Instagram app, on the other hand, will not support your current software version.
The Instagram website allows for more flexibility and dynamic updates. Developers have the ability to integrate updates directly on the website. They don’t need to push updates to users or require them to download them.
It will allow you to use Instagram exactly like your phone. If this doesn’t work, you can try again. This could indicate that your Instagram account is not working properly or that your browser does not support the Instagram website. You should then try a different browser or device to investigate the problem further.
#3 Use one-time passwords sent to your phone
To reset your Instagram password, you had to know your username or email. Imagine that you forgot your username and don’t know which email is associated with your account.
This step allows you to log into your Instagram account using only your phone number.
These steps will help you log in to Instagram using the phone number that you registered during sign-up.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap on the Login Page to Get Help (Android) or Forgot Password? (iOS).
- The next step is to choose between your email address or your phone number. Move to the phone number tab.
- Enter your phone number, then tap Next.
- After this, you will be sent a text message with a confirmation code.
- Enter the code again and click Next.
This should allow you to log into your Instagram account. It’s only temporary. We recommend that you look into other ways to resolve the core problems.
#4 Get your Instagram username
Or, you might get the “Incorrect Username/Password” error message. It is likely that you have mistyped your username or password on Instagram, and this step will help you troubleshoot any errors in the username that you have entered.
But what if your username isn’t exactly clear?
To retrieve your username, follow these steps:
- Log in first to the email account you used to sign up for Instagram.
- Next, enter the keyword Instagram into the search box in your Inbox. You will then be filtered all system emails and notifications that are associated with your Instagram account.
- Next, you can search through all mails or go directly to the Instagram first email. After creating an account, the first email you receive is one for account authentication.
- Finally, in each email you receive, look for the username.
Don’t worry if those emails have been deleted. It’s possible that you won’t be able to find your username. Instead, log in to Instagram with the phone number that you provided when you signed up. Follow the steps in section 3.
You can then find your Instagram username from your account page. This is useful for when you are unable to log in to Instagram.
#5 Reset Your Instagram Account Password
Let’s say your problem isn’t with your username but with your password. You might forget your Instagram password with all the subscriptions and social media available.
If that happens, follow these steps to reset your password. These steps are applicable to both iOS and Android devices.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap on the Login Page to Get Help (Android) or Forgot Password? (iOS).
- Next, enter your username and email to recover your Instagram account.
- Next, click on Next.
- Next, look in your email inbox to find the Instagram recovery email. Once you have opened the email, click the reset button at the bottom to change your Instagram password.
- Follow the prompts to create a new password.
- Don’t forget to check your email for confirmation emails stating that your Instagram password has changed.
Reset your password and log in to Instagram again.
#6 Clear the Instagram app and web browser cache data
We also recommend clearing cached data from your Instagram app or device’s browser.
What is Instagram Cache?
A cache is a storage unit in the CPU that stores temporary files and duplicate data to make it easier to access.
This cache memory accumulates over time and takes up a lot of space on your device. This is particularly important for Instagram, which processes a lot of data each time you use it. The Instagram app must duplicate and download photos and videos that you have taken and metadata about what you’ve published.
These interactions could increase the likelihood of corrupted files being downloaded, and it can lead to Instagram not allowing you to sign in due to bugs.
We recommend clearing your Instagram app cache using the following methods:
Setup to Delete the Instagram Data and Cache
You can delete all data from Instagram apps on Android devices by using the Settings app.
These settings can be accessed by clicking here
- First, open the Settings app.
- Next, tap on Apps and notifications.
- Next, choose Instagram from the available apps.
- Next, tap Storage and cache.
- After that, tap Clear Cache and then Clear Storage.
Reinstall the Instagram App
The second method, which allows you to reinstall the Instagram app directly, is more efficient than the first. This involves completely uninstalling the app and then installing it again.
Uninstalling Instagram is done to delete any corrupted files that may have been left behind from previous versions. You can then install the new version of the app. It can be used to fix any app bugs that may remain on your device, and it can also help you return to the login issue after the problem is solved.
This step also helps keep your Instagram app updated, and it downloads the most recent version of Instagram every single time.
The steps for reinstalling Instagram are generally the same across all devices.
- To uninstall Instagram, first long-press the Selection menu.
- Next, choose Uninstall or Remove app.
- You can then either reboot your device (Step 7), or go straight to your App store to download the Instagram App.
Clear the Web Browser Data and cache
Similar to the above, it creates a cache when you visit Instagram on a web browser.
Here’s what it looks like behind the scenes…
When you request the Instagram website assets, the general process for creating a web browser cache begins. These assets are then stored on your device to reduce loading times.
The browser will not request new versions of the Instagram website with the cache downloaded, even if there have been updates. You’ll be able to access the Instagram website using outdated assets and programs that could cause configuration problems. These configuration errors can then lead to Instagram login problems.
We recommend that you clear your web browser cache using the steps below. The steps may vary depending on the OS of your computer.
Windows (Google Chrome).
These steps apply to Google Chrome. The steps for Google Chrome are identical if you use a different web browser (Firefox or Edge).
- To access your browsing history, press the Ctrl + H keys simultaneously. You can also click the menu button in the top-right and select History from the drop-down.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data link on the next page. This button will appear on the left for Google Chrome.
- Next, make sure that you have checked all options under Basic. You should also select an All-time range. Then, click Clear Data.
On macOS (Safari)
- After Safari has been launched, click Safari from the Menu Bar and choose “Preferences ….”.
- In the next window, select Advanced from the top bar and tick the box next “Show Develop Menu in Bar.”
- Next, click Develop from the Menu Bar and choose Empty Caches.
- You can then clear your search history, as well as Site Data and Cookies. Click Safari in the Menu Bar and select “Clear History …”.”.
- Finally, click Clear History in the next window.
#7 Update the Instagram app
Additionally, outdated versions of Instagram apps can cause bugs and glitches. An outdated version of Instagram may not be able to communicate with Instagram servers properly, and it can cause problems when you log in to your account.
You may also find an update from Instagram developers to fix the login issue while you are reading this post. We recommend that you check for any updates and install them.
Follow the below steps to do this. These steps can be used on both iOS and Android devices.
- Go to Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- You can search for the Instagram app from there.
- Next, search for the app in the search results. Click on the link to go to the Instagram app page.
- Finally, tap the Update button to see if there is an update available.
To save time, you can also use the links that redirect to the Google Play Store or the App Store.
#8 Reset Your Phone Number
We recommend that you reset your phone number if you experience Instagram login error messages. This is a known method to fix the “Sorry, there was a problem with your request” error.
Follow these steps to reset your Instagram phone number.
- To begin, tap the profile picture icon at the bottom-right to go to your page.
- Next, click the menu icon in the upper-right. Select Settings from the menu.
- Next, click on the Settings menu and select Account. Then, choose Personal Information.
- Next, tap on the Phone number text box.
- Next, enter your phone number and then tap Next.
#9 Sign In To Instagram Through Facebook
You can also fix Instagram login problems by logging in to Instagram using your Facebook account. This is primarily used to fix the Instagram “Sorry” error, and it appears that there was an error with your request. This works because Instagram, a company owned by Facebook, allows both social media to be connected.
How to link your Instagram and Facebook accounts
If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can connect them, and this could save you time and effort the next time you are unable to sign in. To do so, you first need a Facebook account. You can sign up for a Facebook account at no cost on the Sign Up page.
After you have created an account, follow these steps to link your Instagram and Facebook accounts using the Instagram app.
- Tap on the bottom right corner to view your profile picture.
- After your profile is created, click on the hamburger menu at the top-right corner.
- Next, tap Settings at the bottom.
- Next, click on the Account Center under Facebook.
- Select Logging in across accounts, then select Add Accounts.
- Next, sign in or choose a Facebook account that you want to log in with
- Next, click Continue.
Chances are that you have already connected your Instagram account to your Facebook account.
This is the next step that users found to fix their Instagram login problems. This involves linking the accounts again to fix any sync issues.
To complete this extensive fix, follow these steps:
- Launch the Instagram website in your browser.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Next, navigate towards Profile > Hamburger menu > Settings > Account.
- Select Linked Accounts under Accounts to unlink any Instagram account that is associated with it.
- Next, log in to Facebook to create a new account. You don’t need to create a complete profile. This account is a throwaway.
- Next, log in to Instagram using a different device.
- Connect the throwaway account to Instagram.
- Clear the Instagram app cache from your primary device (Step 12).
- Next, open the Instagram app again (Step 7).
- Log in to Instagram with Facebook.
This step can help prevent future problems. Perhaps you are unable to locate your email address in order to reset your password.
You can reset your password using a Facebook account linked to you by clicking Reset using Facebook.
#10 Factory Reset Your Device
We recommend that you perform a factory reset (also known as a hard reset) on your device. It restores a device back to its original manufacturer settings or system state. A factory reset will wipe all data, settings, and apps that were previously downloaded or configured on the device.
It can also help to eliminate the underlying bugs or errors that are causing your Instagram login problems. This step has been reported by many Instagram users as working well.
These steps will show you how to perform a factory reset of your device.
Notification: You should back up all important information from your phone to a safe place before you attempt to restore it.
- Select General from the Settings app.
- Scroll down and choose Reset.
- Next, select Reset All Settings.
- Start by scrolling down from the Settings app and selecting System.
- Next, select Reset options and choose to Erase all data (Factory restart).
- Finally, select Erase all data on the next pages.
#11 Reboot Your Device
You can restart your device after relaunching the Instagram app. It is an easy and effective way to free up system resources.
You may now be wondering where all your system resources went, as it is no longer sufficient to run Instagram properly. Imagine that you rarely reboot your device. If your device is left running for a long time, background processes can build up.
Unknowingly, these background processes can eat up system resources. It is important to restart your device in order to make sure that the Instagram app runs correctly.
These steps will help you to reset both Android (iPhone or iPad) and iOS (iPhone or iPad).
- Press and hold the Power button down until you see the “Slide to Power Off” option.
- Next, drag the slider to your right until the screen of your iPhone/iPad turns black.
- After you have turned off your device, wait at least ten seconds, then press and hold the Power key again until the Apple logo appears.
- Finally, wait for the device to fully boot up before you log in to Instagram to verify that it has resolved your Instagram login problem.
- Restart iPhone to fix Twitter notifications not working
- Locate the Power button on your device.
- Next, hold the Power Options button until it appears on your screen.
- Next, tap on the Restart button. Wait for your device to turn off completely.
- Finally, wait for the device to fully boot up. This step can take several minutes.
- Restart the Android device to fix Can’t Log In or Sign in to Instagram.
If you are still having trouble accessing your Instagram account, restart your device. The following steps will help you get access to your Instagram account.
#12 Check if your Instagram account was disabled
Let’s suppose you have entered the correct credentials to log into Instagram. You get an error message saying, “The username you have entered is not associated with an account.” You can check your username again. In such a case, Instagram, you, or another person with your password may disable or delete your account.
Steps to appeal to a disabled Instagram account
If you believe Instagram has disabled your account in error, you may appeal the decision. These are the steps for appealing:
- First, enter your username and password.
- Log in to your account. On the main page, you will see a message that Your Account will be deleted.
- Next, click on the Request Review button below the Download Data button.
- Your username will then be pre-populated. Please fill out your full name, email address, and reasons for disabling your account.
- Tap Request a Review to get the best.
The appeal process can take up to 24 hours or more. If your appeal is not accepted, however, you can only download your data. In this instance, the username and email address are not allowed to be used again to create an account.
Instagram Help is available to assist you if your account has been disabled via the app.
You can’t restore your account if someone with your password has deleted it. You can however create a new account using the same email address, and you may not receive the same username.
However, if you don’t get a message disabling you, it could be a login problem. For solutions, refer to this post.
#13 Clone the Instagram app
You’ve tried all the methods above, but none worked. If you have an Instagram login problem, you can create a clone. Clone an app allows multiple accounts to be used on one device. The clone app may also not have bugs or glitches that caused the original Instagram app to not let you log in.
Many clone applications are available on the App Store and Play Store. Parallel Space will be our next step.
Follow these steps to clone Instagram.
- Download the parallel space app or another similar app from the App Store, Play Store, and install it on your phone.
- After that, you can open the app to create an Instagram clone.
- The homepage will then be displayed after you have completed the cloned application.
- Next, open the cloned application and enter your Instagram login details.
- You can now access your account with no Instagram login error.
Not to worry about being charged with any legal action. If you have violated Instagram’s copyright patents, IPs, or trademarks of other businesses, app cloning will not be allowed.
#14 You can log in to Instagram using a different web browser
If you are unable to log into your browser, We recommend that you try any other major web browsers, such as Chrome, Safari Edge, Edge, Firefox, or Edge.
Each browser has its own engines that process the codes created for websites. They interpret and render each web page differently so that the website may appear and function differently.
You might also be unable to log into your account from another device or browser. Your account could be at fault. You shouldn’t jump to conclusions at this point.
Logging into another Instagram account will allow you to verify the information. If the account works, it may be disabled or hacked. In such cases, you should report the problem to Instagram.
#15 Report the log in issue at the Instagram Help Center
Let’s say you tried all of the solutions, and they didn’t work for you. It might be time for you to reach out to Instagram’s support and help the team. They can help you identify any account problems that may be preventing you from logging into Instagram.
You can find the contact link to troubleshoot Instagram login issues on this page at Instagram Help Center. This is a robust help center that offers many helpful guides to assist users with problems they may encounter using their app.
You may also find explanations and solutions for any Instagram login errors.
Alternatively, you might find that you can log into Instagram through their website. You can also report your app login error via the website.
Here are some steps to get support from Instagram:
- Open the authorization screen (login screen).
- Next, look for the login assistance option.
- Next, choose the username or email option
- Next, enter the email address that you used to sign up.
- Next, click on the Send Mail option.
- Once you have received a mail with a login code, open the link to access Instagram.
- Finally, you should now be able to login to Instagram with no errors.
Notification: If you don’t get a response from Instagram’s Help Center within a few hours, it could be that your email was lost in the shuffle of other user mails. We recommend that you send the email more often, increasing your chances of receiving a reply.
Social media has revolutionized the way people communicate and share information. Despite the fact that we can’t gather during the pandemic, Instagram makes it less lonely. Don’t feel isolated if you can’t log into Instagram. Instead, look for posts similar to ours that will solve your problem.