Electronic devices and the internet have become an integral part of our professional and personal lives. Plus, with 5G just around the corner to make it big arrival for the general masses, things are going to pick up a notch taking the scope of activities even further beyond.
This is exactly why digital marketing for businesses across the globe have become an obligation to sustain profitability in the long run. Online presence matters, and SEO is one of the most potent ways to dominate the virtual landscape.
According to a recent study by Impact, Google alone accounted for over 75% of all desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 9.97%, and Baidu at 9.34%.
Furthermore, Google receives over 2.3 trillion searches in a year, and of the billion searches that happen every day, 15% of them are completely new to Google. Moreover, the first five organic results account for more than 67.6% of all clicks on SERPs.
9 Things You Should Know About SEO Tactics
In light of this information, let’s take a quick look at some of the best SEO tactics that can boost your Digital Marketing strategy.
- Analytics & Tools
Neil Patel, in his blog about free SEO tools, provides you with over seven freebies that can tremendously improve your rankings.
- Google Analytics – provides high quality-data source and detailed information
- Google Search Console – formerly known as Webmaster Tools and indefinitely focuses on search optimization.
- MozBar – helps you generate instant results for websites and a variety of their page attributes.
- Neil Patel SEO Analyzer – free website analyzer with a clean and intuitive visual layout.
- SEOWorkers Analysis Tool – provides you with background information on assimilated data.
- Ubersuggest – Mr. Patel’s own creations that can get you 1 million keyword suggestions in 7 seconds.
- WooRank – offers handy insights along with report generation on websites to analyze them.
- Backlink Strategies
Backlinks in numbers can strengthen your SEO rankings, and this time we are looking at what Backlinko has to offer.
Here are some of the ways Brian Dean would suggest you acquire high-quality backlinks:
- Develop Linkable Assets (blogs, videos, quizzes, software, guides, tutorials, infographics, etc.)
- Build backlinks from Link Roundups (daily, weekly, or monthly blog posts that link to outstanding content).
- Use The Moving Man Method (offers websites or domains with better versions of outdated content)
- Broken Link Building (working out 404 errors, finding them, and replacing them with high-quality pieces).
- Guest posting – probably one of the best ways to get links to your website.
- Write testimonials and reviews in return for links.
- Use HARO (Help a Reporter Out) a great tool that is often overlooked.
- Reclaim links to all your business name mentions found on various different domains.
- Reverse engineering competitor’s backlinking strategy with backlink checker tools.
- Content that Offers Terrific Value for Users
Search intent or call it user intent is one of the factors which all domains should be optimizing for since Google is making huge strides in recent times to focus on what users actually want. Some characteristics of high-quality content include:
- Providing users with meaningful information to resolve pain points through actionable tips.
- Delivering relevant and high-quality visuals (images, infographics, videos) that complement your text.
- Accurate representation of factual data, scientific pieces of evidence, and references from credible sources.
- Reader friendly content that is easy to digest, makes use of white space, and allows skimming.
- Targets specific audiences and utilizes the EAT concept (Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness).
- Local SEO
Local SEO offers you the tremendous opportunity to cash-in on the local community and generate hits for your business through the community that you serve.
Google My Business is a great way to amplify your local SEO. Get your businesses listed on various businesses listing websites, such as Yelp, Yellow Pages, Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List, etc.
Also make sure that your business is reviewed through customer review websites like CNET, Amazon, Trust Pilot, Glassdoor, Foursquare, etc. Not to mention that your social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram can also help you boost your overall and local SEO.
- Long-Tail Keywords with Relevancy
If you want to outrank your competitors, then you have to implement long-tail keywords in your content, as they are considered the Holy Grail for SEO.
They actually represent how people actually make use of search and are thus closer to their search intent as well as offering context to your content. All of this allows them to achieve higher conversion rates as well.
To get hold of long-tail keywords, you can use Google suggestions, Google related searches, utilize keyword research tools, mine your analytics, and monitor your search query reports.
You can implement the long-tail keyword in headlines of your blogs, social media ads, emails, and other posts. A lot of students nowadays also use long-tail keywords when looking for professionals that can write my essay for me to acquire expert assistance.
- Mobile-Friendly and Responsive Design
Around 4.78 billion or more than 60% of the people in the world own a smartphone. Furthermore, a lot of searching goes down on a smartphone and other devices. Hence as a business owner, your priority should be to make your website responsive and mobile-friendly.
Google’s Mobile-Friendly Testing tool can be used further to gather recommendations that can help you to make amendments and make your website more friendly for mobile phone users. Pupils in the current era use their mobile phones to search for dissertation writers UK to acquire specialized assistance for their related academic work.
- Optimized for Voice Search
Voice search is quickly becoming the norm as people can’t be bothered these days to write down their queries. Personal assistants like Siri from Apple, Alexa from Amazon, and Google Assistant are all making it possible to access the internet through the power of voice commands.
With voice search becoming increasingly popular, it is best that you optimize your websites and landing pages in such a way that it facilitates generating results for people using voice search to find about things on the internet.
- Structured Data
Google provides you with a Structured Data Testing Tool that you can use to first get acquainted with the concept itself and then deliver tailor-made content, which can augment this factor even further. Through structured data, you can increase the chances of having rich results being generated for queries related to your topics, subjects, and products covered by your website. This, in return, can also help you increase CTRs (click-through ratios).
- Website Speed & Loading Time
People nowadays are quite impatient, and I don’t blame them. Hence if your website is on the slower side, then chances are that the majority of your traffic would simply bounce to a competitor’s website that loads faster.
Website loading speed is also a Google ranking factor, so if your website is really slow, then it might receive penalties from search engines as well. One of the best ways to make loading times faster is to apply Image SEO, which can evidently impact your website speed.
SEO is a broad subject, and there are various other tactics like involving social media influencers and affiliate marketing that I simply didn’t have enough time nor space to discuss them. Search Engines are also quickly adapting and changing the landscape of how SEO works. It is best to stay updated and be in the know so that you can adapt and adopt important factors of SEO as soon as possible.
Claudia Jeffrey currently works as a Sr. Research Analyst at Crowd Writer. She has come across several students who would often buy assignment online UK to manage their academic-related tasks. During her free time, she likes to watch documentaries regarding popular topics concerning the health and wellbeing of the planet.