Over the last few years, it seems that electric skateboard sales have been booming. They might look similar to traditional skateboards, but they have built-in motors to help which makes skating even more enjoyable.
How fast does an electric skateboard go? Well, this depends, but some powerful boards have been able to reach speeds of 22 miles per hour! If you are cruising at this speed in an urban area, the chances are you will be going the same speed, if not faster than the other traffic. When you can master how to ride the board, you will be able to weave in and out of traffic, making it quick and easy to get from one place to the next.
These electric skateboards are often the same size as traditional boards. Most standard size boards are usually 30 inches or less, and longboards are 30 inches and over. They normally have a cool design, different colors, and logos.
Should I Buy an Electric Skateboard?
You have two choices when it comes to electric skateboards. Some people like to buy a complete package, which has the motor, controller, wheels, skateboard deck, and battery pack all set up.
However, some skaters feel that the quality of these complete packaged electric skateboards is often poor. Some think that the cost of these boards is too expensive. So many have decided to take on the project themselves and make their electric skateboard. You can easily buy the parts needed, including the motor, battery pack, and controller online, and there is plenty of content published online to help you figure out how to make the board. Here is how you can build your own electric skateboard.
What are the Benefits of Owning an Electric Skateboard?
So, if you are considering spending your hard-earned cash on an electric skateboard, you are probably wondering if it is worth it and what are the reasons for owning one. Well, here are a few advantages electric skateboard owners have come across:
- Does not require much energy: Due to the built-in motors, you don’t have to push the board to gain momentum. Most skateboarders dreaded skating uphill, however with these electrical boards you can let the device do all the hard work. You won’t feel exhausted or covered in sweat when you reach your destination.
- Convenient: Very few modes of transport can fit into a bag! Electric boards are one of the smallest forms of transport on the market!
- Easily skip through traffic: If you are stuck in rush hour traffic, you will find it simple to weave through cars and other vehicles.
- No license required: You need a license for almost all motorized devices that travel on the road. However, there is no law in place that suggests you need a license to ride an electric skateboard. Plus, you’re not forced to take out an insurance policy either!
- They can help you build muscle: Any skateboarder uses a lot of muscles, especially in their legs to help them maintain their balance while they are riding.
- An electric skateboard can motivate a young person to go outdoors: Many teenagers tend to spend hours playing computer games and using their smart devices. To help them avoid such long hours in front of these screens and go out and enjoy the fresh air, an electric skateboard might work!
So if you live in an urban area and you are considering purchasing a new mode of transport, perhaps an electric skateboard might be a good option.
In recent history, we have watched our planet changing. Cars, motorbikes, and other vehicles cause terrible problems to the world’s atmosphere. Electric skateboards on the other hand run off rechargeable batteries and don’t require any gasoline or diesel to work.
Choosing to ride an electric skateboard as your preferred mode of transport is a very green choice. Not only that, but you will also save money on diesel and gas!
Helps save you Money
For most adults, it seems that the world is an expensive place to live in. With constant bills, it sometimes feels almost impossible to save any money!
Purchasing a car, plus having to put fuel in, the cost of maintaining the vehicle, the price of the insurance, and tax can burn a hole in your pocket. If you are on a tight budget, and you live in a central location, perhaps considering buying an electric skateboard might be an ideal investment. There is no insurance, tax, very little maintenance fees, the initial costs are low in comparison to other modes of transport and you can get to where you want to go in a short space of time. Okay, during rainy days it is probably not the best form of transport, but just like a bicycle or a motorbike, you can dress appropriately for the weather conditions.