Netgear EX2700 N300 WiFi extender is a fabulous device used to amplify the existing WiFi network range and coverage. The extender delivers WiFi speeds of up to 300 Mbps. Boasting a handy wall-plug design, it is the ideal solution to your WiFi problems. Netgear N300 EX2700 works with any regular WiFi router and perfect to keep your devices connected as you move around your house.
Not familiar with the process to set up your Netgear N300 EX2700 range extender? Fret not! Here, we will make you aware of the Netgear EX2700 setup process via the Netgear genie smart wizard. Let’s take the plunge.
Before you proceed further with the Netgear N300 setup for model EX2700, you require the below-listed prerequisites first:
- Of course, the Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender
- An Ethernet cable
- The latest web browser version
- A high-speed internet connection
Once you have the above-said things, you are ready to go with the Netgear N300 EX2700 WiFi extender installation.
Netgear N300 EX2700 Extender Setup Using Genie Wizard
Let us explain the steps for Netgear N300 EX2700 WiFi range extender setup using the genie smart setup wizard:
- Position your Netgear range ext to a clean and tidy area in your house. If doable, place your extender and the existing WiFi router in the same room.
- Keep the Netgear EX2700 N300 extender at a certain distance away from interference-resulting things such as water resources, electronic appliances, reflexive surfaces, and metal objects.
- Connect the power adapter to your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Power on your Netgear EX2700 extender and wait until the LED on it blinks in solid green.
- Next, take an Ethernet cable and make a wired connection between your Netgear N300 EX2700 extender and the home WiFi router.
- Turn on a PC or laptop and connect it to a high-speed WiFi network. To do so, go to the network manager on your computer and hit on the Connect button next to the WiFi network you wish to connect to.
- After connecting to a network, pull up a web browser on your PC. Remember to use the latest web browser version. Or else, you may see error messages.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and press the Enter key.
- The Netgear N300 EX2700 extender login page will display.
Bonus Tip: On the off chance if you are getting error pop-ups rather than the mywifiext local login web page, then clear junk files, cache, cookies, and browsing history from the internet browser you are utilizing.
- The login window prompts you to fill in the username and password. After that, hit Log In.
- Now, you will get redirected to the Netgear genie smart setup wizard.
- Follow the displayed on-screen instructions and install your Netgear N300 EX2700 WiFi extender with ease.
Done! That’s how you can set up your Netgear EX2700 N300 extender. Now, connect all your WiFi-compatible devices to the newly created wireless network.
Written by Meghan Hale, a content writer at Pearl Lemon. You’ll find me yelling at my dog to stop barking, whether it be at the neighbours or on a long afternoon walk