Earlier we used to have computers which were used to make our work easier. Now we have a more modified and compact version of it known as the laptop. Almost everyone uses laptops, or if not, most of you would be planning to buy or invest in one, probably a best laptop under $1000. But the thing is that there are so many options available in the market that we are perplexed about which laptop to go for. That entirely depends on the requirements of the buyer. Buying a laptop involves a large amount of money, so one must be careful with the selection. You just cannot go to the store and buy a laptop because the salesman somehow convinces you to buy it. You should do your research first, consider the features, pros, and cons of the product, and then make your final decision. Here, we will discuss some pointers that can come in handy to you when buying a laptop.
Five Things to Consider When Buying a Laptop
1. Budget- The first essential thing is to set a budget and determine your purchasing power. You need to consider the amount you are willing to spend on the laptop and then decide and look for laptops that will fit your budget and come with the features you want. For instance, a student might not spend too much on the laptop and would go for options that are low in budget while a salaried employee would invest a little more on the laptop and consider options that fit his requirements and budget. However, there are multiple laptops under $1000 that you may choose to buy.
2. Size- Another factor to consider when buying a laptop is the size of the laptop. Though they are much compact and smaller than computers, yet they come with their own big to small sizes too. A 15-inch laptop screen is mostly used, but if you are someone whose work requires them to travel frequently, they can consider a 14-inch screen that is much more compact and convenient. For the ones using it for studies or other purposes can go for the standard screen size. Now the brands have also launched laptops with even smaller screens that are easy to carry and handle. If your requirement is such that you will use it for graphics or as a backup TV, go for larger screens. For work laptops, average 13 inch laptops are good enough.
3. Battery backup- One should also consider the battery life of the laptop. A good laptop should have at least eight hours of battery backup. Also, if you are on a job that requires a lot of travel, the more the battery life, the better it is.
4. Processor- The processor and the RAM are essential for the smooth functioning of the laptop. The processor used in most of the laptops is Intel or AMD CPU. Most users prefer an Intel processor, while one can also opt for AMD. There are many processors available that are found on the laptops. The i3 processor is located in the entry-level laptops, and the i5 core processor found in most mainstream laptops. For the ones who do not have much work, they can opt for i3 laptops with 4/8GB RAM or an i5 laptop with 4GB RAM. In contrast, heavy work should opt for i7 laptops with up to 16 GB RAM.
5. Storage- Another vital factor to be considered while purchasing a laptop is storage. The more storage, the better it will be. Laptops usually come with 500 GB of data storage, but the solid-state drive (SDD) has become quite popular these days with technological advancement. But it comes with its own set of problems, which is it has less storage space. Therefore, the storage of the device should be considered when buying a laptop.
So, these were our top 5 points to consider while buying a laptop! Hope it helped! We will be back soon with more such informative articles so stay tuned!